About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

3 Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwiches

You do not have to always follow a recipe exactly. There are times when I want to try out a recipe, yet, there are ingredients I do not have on hand. So, I improvise, because there is a certain taste I want. ( I rarely do this with baking unless I am just testing)

For example: When I have smoked Salmon available and I do not have bagels, I use what I have. I mix up a Dijon dressing or I may use store-bought creamy Horseradish sauce.

So, for breakfast this morning, I had this smoked Salmon sandwich:

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich #1

Smoked Salmon pieces or slices.
Sliced tomatoes
Laughing Cow Swiss
A fried egg
A Dijon mustard dressing (See below)

Toast the bread
Spread one slice with Laughing Cow Light Swiss
Pile on Salmon pieces
Add sliced tomatoes
Fry an egg in olive oil
Add to sandwich
Slather Dijon dressing on remaining slice of bread
Cut in half
Enjoy!

Dijon Dressing

3 TB Light or Low Fat Mayonaise
2 TB Dijon Mustard (More or less to taste)
Mix until smooth

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich #2

Whole Wheat Mini Bagels
Smoked Salmon pieces
Brie cheese

This one is so easy. For budget concerns, use Trader Joe's Smoked Salmon pieces and Trader Joe's brand Brie. They also have packages of wheat and white mini bagels. This little sandwich is also a simple lunch to carry to work or to a pot-luck brunch. Guests devour them!

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Sandwich #3

Bagel or Whole Wheat Toast
Smoked Salmon
Brie or Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb Cheese
Thin slice onion
Tomato slice
Dijon Dressing (See above)

Try These Famous Restaurant Recipe Secrets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks really good. I love the flavor of smoked salmon with different cheeses, especially brie and similar cheeses. I recently made a salmon & brie pizza, which was a delicious and rich flavor combination, much like your breakfast sandwiches appear to be.