About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moroccan-Style Salmon with Couscous for Home Cooks

Home cooks are always looking for interesting dishes for family and friends to sample.  Try this recipe from Morocco for an exciting taste.  The flavors blend beautifully. Fresh coriander is not always available, so you may substitute 1 teaspoon of ground.

Moroccan-Style Salmon with Couscous for Home Cooks

Ingredients:

1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs olive oil
1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
4 tsp honey
1 tsp grated lemon peel, grated
3/4 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste
1/2-1 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
6 salmon fillets, 4-6 oz each
2 Tbs chopped toasted almonds
2 Tbs fresh coriander, chopped
3 cups cooked couscous or rice

Directions:

Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil in a medium skillet over
medium high heat until golden. Stir in tomatoes with juice, honey, lemon peel and cumin. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in
lemon juice and season with salt, black pepper and cayenne.

Meanwhile, season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Broil 4-6
inches from heat, allowing 10 minutes cooking time per inch of
thickness, measured at the thickest part. Place each steak on a
dinner plate. Top with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with almonds and
coriander. Serve with couscous.

6 servings

No comments: