About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Diabetic Dessert and Beautiful Memories

Cooking is a little erratic this week, because I'm packing up 25 years of accumulation.  Some of the things I am throwing away; believe me, that takes a long time.  Deciding what is really valuable to keep and what to throw away takes awhile.  Anyway, the cooking is suffering a bit, because of time and space; or the lack thereof.  There is a diabetic dessert following my thoughts here.

Moving brings forth some beautiful memories.  Interestingly, I found two letters wrritten by my father to my grandmother, his mother in-law, when he was in boot camp preparing to go into WWII.  I'm so glad I found tthem.  Even though there was no date, I believe they were written around 1944 or so.

He talked about how he was so fortunate tto have her as a mother-in-law and how much he loved her daughter and missed  his "sweet little rascals," that was my brother and me.  He mentioned that the guys in his unit were suprised at how he close he was with my grandmother.  They did not have the typical in-law relationship.  It was really cool; I remember that.

Meanwhile, I was thinking that I needed to write in my blog in case someone was reading.  I happened on this diaberic dessert recipe from recipe secrets blog and decided to share it.

DIABETIC PINEAPPLE DESSERT

15 oz can Crushed Pineapple ( drained )
1 small carton of cream cheese
1 small pkg. Sugar free instant Vanilla Pudding

Mix pineapple and cream of cheese add pudding and place in graham cracker pie crust (medium ) and mix well. Top with cool whip Let it chill for at least 20 minutes.

Re-create your favorite restaurant dishes at home for a fraction of the cost. Here is a fabulous cookbook with easy step-by-step directions you can use right at home to make them and delight your family and friends.  Click the cookbook image and get cooking!

No comments: