About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Personal Chef Syle Moving and Making Big Changes!

It is March already.  Time to think of springtime.  And, as is fitting for the season, I am embarking on some big changes in my life.  Moving in with my daugher at the end of the month.  Cleaning out 25 years of papers, books, memories and all sorts of things..  Moving on to a new high in my life and looking forward to a fabulous and new experience.  We are both excited about this.

This has taken its toll on my ability to contribute to my blog recently; getting mired in the details of the move.  I'll be writing more soon, adding some more recipes and other comments.  Wow!  Moving into a house after having been 25 years in a small condo.  Parking right outside the door rather than having to walk long halls to bring my cleaning and groceries in.   That will be neat for a change.

Being able to walk in the streets of the neighborhood and talk to neighbors from their backyards and on their walks and jogs.  That will be fun.  Looking across the street and outside the window at homes and trees and flowers rather than other apartment buildings.  What a great new adventure.  To say nothing of having a really big kitchen in which to cook!  Yea!  Will keep you posted.

By the way; I overindulged in some more fish tacos last night.  I made enough for two or three people and ate them all.  This time I used my daughter's sauce recipe with light sour cream and light mayo rather than yogurt which I used before.  I also experimented with crystallized lemon (True Lemon brand) to give it a tangy taste.  The sauce was really good.  I'll bet adding some avocado to the tacos will add some nice flavor and texture.

Do you have some favorite restaurant dishes you wish you could have without going out?  Maybe it is the Tequila Lime Chicken from Applebee's or the Olive Garden Sangria or T.G.I. Friday's Mocha Mud Pie.  Always wonder what their secret ingredients are? Click the image to order your favorite restaurant recipes.

No comments: