About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blueberry Cucumber Smoothie with

I know it sounds a bit weird, however, this is what I came up with for breakfast this morning. It turned out really well.  I wanted blueberries and banana in my smoothie.  I made one last week, with blueberries, banana and spinach that was inspired by one of my Facebook friends who said she used kale and coconut milk in her smoothie,

Yesterday, I read an article on the RealAge website about the benefits of blueberries and decided to make this blueberry concoction with surprise ingredients today.  Measurements are not accurate, I threw in what I wanted.  You can do the same.  Create your own.   Mine was delicious--luscious and thick!  Nest time, I'll sprinkle in a bit of cayenne.

1 cup brewed Blossomberry White tea **
1 Tbs honey
1/2 cup unsweetened Coconut or Almond milk
1 frozen banana
1/2 cuo frozen blueberries
1/2 avocado, peeled and cut into small pieces
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced

Liquify in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!


** I use Tazo Blossomberry.  You can use any tea or all milk

No comments: