About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Healthy Spring Green Smoothie

Spring just does wonderful things to me.   It's time to open windows and enjoy the spring breezes.  Yes, it's time to breathe deeply and let the air inside, that is, unless you are affected by the pollen.   In addition, I am on a smoothie kick.  I've been making lots of healthy smoothies lately.  Today, I made one that was so beautiful, it reminded me of my favorite color: Spring Green.  It evokes the colors and flavors of spring; the neighbors in their gardens, new buds on the trees, blossoming flowers, ripe fruit, birds singing and the wonderful smell of freshly mowed grass..
So, my tribute to Spring is this healthy Green Smoothie follows:

1 cup brewed tea (Berryblossom White)
1 Tbs honey or to taste
1 small tub Greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 handful baby spinach leaves

Blend until smooth.  About 1 minute in an electric blender.



No comments: