About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

America's Secret Recipes: Cook Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes At Home



I am not a famous chef, yet I re-create many of America's secret recipes right at home in my own kitchen and stay within my budget. So can you. Right now that is very important for many of us. For those with children and families you have all the more reason to want to save money. Secret Restaurant Recipes are contained in 2 volumes chocked full of some of the best restaurant dishes in the world.

Last week I was able to bake the Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. These little gems are so delicious; it is hard to describe how good they are, except that they remind me of the biscuits my mom used to make, without the cheese. It was so hard waiting for them to cool; actually I did burn my tongue a bit because I tried to eat one just out of the oven. To add my own little spin, I use extra sharp cheese instead of the mild cheddar the recipe calls for. It is so satisfying to be able to cook meals that I go to a restaurant and buy. It had not entered my mind that I could do this until I saw this Americas Secret Recipes being offered online.


I love eating out. Unfortunately I have had to "cut down," so to speak, so having this cookbook with recipes from Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's and even KFC makes up for the lack. All I can say is "yumm-eee." Making these dishes is a real budget stretcher. Especially since many of these same restaurants are raising their prices at this time where many people are having to carefully follow their budgets.

I happen to love cooking and have taken some cooking classes; however, most of these recipes can be done even if you have never taken a cooking class. When you hear the raves from your family and friends, like I have, you will be convinced you made the right decision.


In fact, I wish I had owned these cookbooks when I was a personal chef. They would have been great for my business. My home clients would have loved the variety and uniqueness of the recipes. The Olive Garden's Chicken Crostina would have been a winner. Chicken breasts are marinated in olive oil and rosemary then lightly breaded. The chicken is sautéed with fresh garlic and diced Roma tomatoes in a creamy garlic-butter sauce and served over linguine pasta. Then you make a crust of breadcrumbs, shredded potatoes herbs and 3 different kinds of cheeses. It tastes so good. Just like at Olive Garden.

Ready? Click here for ordering instructions.

No comments: