About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's A Day for Leftovers Chicken/Potato Salad

Like many home cooks, I am rather adventurous and always looking for new ways to add zing to my leftovers.  I am one of these people who doesn't mind eating leftovers two or three times in a row; especially if it is something I have thoroughly enjoyed eating.  That said, I am always looking to vary the tastes of my meals, because I enjoy eating.  And, I like looking for new flavors. So I am inclined to experiment with combinations that are not always the norm.

When I have leftovers,  I always like to see if I can improve on them or vary the taste.  I like to entertain, so I make dishes for myself with a view toward whether guests will like what I make.  So tonight, I decided to combine some leftover chicken salad with the potato salad I made a couple of days ago.  I'm not even sure you could call it a recipe, however, the dish turned out well.  It was fairly quick and offered some fascinating flavor combinations, because I added items I already had in the kitchen; pecans, olives and blue cheese.

Chicken Potato Salad


1 cup leftover chicken
1 cup leftover potato salad
1/4 cup chopped olives
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
Cracked black pepper


Combine all ingredients gently.  Put on a bed of Romaine lettuce leaves or whatever salad greens you have.  Sit down and enjoy with a glass of white wine.


Serves 2



Get your copy of America's Secret Recipes and find some great popular recipe favorites inspired by the chefs from some of the most well-known restaurants in America.  Get yours now and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills.  Click cookbook image at left for details.

No comments: