About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recipes from Baltimore Raven Country Day 14

I grew up in Annapolis on the Chesapeake Bay where the entire family were fans of the Baltimore Colts (now Baltimore Ravens.  The Bay is most famous for its Blue crabs, so most people think the only thing we eat from crabs is crab cakes.  Not true.  There are many crab recipes.  Below, I found two from Marylanders, one who is an avowed Ravens fan, who had their crab recipes printed in the Baltimore Sun.

Cheese Crab Fries

Ingredients:

1 bag of French Fries
1 block of cheese (Provolone or Jack)
1 lb. of backfin crabmeat
Instructions:
Fry the bag of French Fries.
Pour the fries onto a baking tray.
Sprinkle crabmeat over the fries.
Shred the cheese over the entire dish.
Bake until the cheese is well melted.
Then serve to your roomful of Raven Fanatics. --Jack Girod, Eldersburg



Bay Poppers

Ingredients:

1 cup artichoke and spinach dip
1 lb. backfin crabmeat
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
1 tsp. Cilantro
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
Instructions:
Mix dip and crab together gently with a fork in bowl. Form golf ball-size cakes. Mix egg with Old Bay, Tabasco, and cilantro and roll poppers in flour and egg wash. Deep fry until golden. Serve with horseradish sauce.--Wes McConnell, Timonium



Get some crab recipes from America's Secret Recipes inspired by some of your favorite restaurants. Click Image.

No comments: