About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Chicken Cheese Sandwich with Diva Chef's Spicy Sauce Day 10


For Day 10 of 30 recipes for 30 days, I'm adding my take on the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.  I use left-over slices or pieces of rotisserie chicken, because i already has some great spices..  This is not one of the recipes you will find in America's Secret Recipes, however, i is one of my favorites.

Chicken Cheese Sandwich with Spicy Sauce by the Diva Chef

2 slices light-style oatmeal or whole wheat bread
2 small or 1 medium onion, sliced paper-thin
Large handful reduced fat shredded cheese
2-4 slices rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Tomato slices (Plum tomatoes are great in the winter)
Romaine lettuce
Dried Oregano or Italian seasoning
Garlic salt
Freshly ground pepper
*Diva Chef's Spicy Sauce* (Recipe below)

Toast the bread.  Heat oil in a small heavy skillet  on low to medium heat.  (I use a small cast-iron frying pan I have had for years).   Add onions and cook slowly until soft. about 5 minutes.  Stir occasionally with wooden spoon.

Add chicken to onions, mix well (About 30 seconds).  Sprinkle with oregano or Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper to taste. 

Add shredded cheese. Cut off heat and cover with heavy top for about a minute until cheese is melted.  Spread spicy sauce on both slices of toast.  Add tomatoes and lettuce.  Pile chicken mixture onto toast and cover with the other slice. Cut in half.  Enjoy!

*Diva Chef’s Spicy Sauce*
 
1 cup light mayonnaise
¼ cup light or non-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons dill relish
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
Mix well


   Get your own copy of America's Secret Recipes; copycat recipes of the some of America's most popular restaurants.

No comments: