About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Super Bowl Choice Crispy Fried Lamb Chops

Crispy Fried Lamb Chops Recipe

I love lamb and lamb chops are always a treat. As a kid, my mother never used mint jelly with lamb; we always had kosher dill pickles.  The lamb chop recipe that follows is one of my own. Use small chops and you can make more.  These would be great at a Playoff or Super Bowl party.  They are really finger-licking good.

Ingredients

10-12 rib or loin lamb chops (2-4 oz.)
1 cup seasoned bread crumb
¼ cup crushed Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
¼ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt**
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup Vegetable, Canola or Olive oil

Directions

Remove fat from the chops.  Layer chops between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound chops to flatten with a mallet.  On a plate or shallow bowl mix together the Panko, bread crumbs, grated cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

**Grated cheese tends to be salty so adjust to taste.

Heat oil in a large skillet to medium hot heat.  Dip lamb chops in eggs.  Dredge the lamb chops in the seasoned bread crumb mixture. Coat well and shake off excess.  Slowly add chops to preheated hot oil, about 4 per batch. Cook about 3 minutes per side for medium doneness. Drain on a rack. Transfer chops to serving platter; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining chops.

Enjoy at room temperature

Find copycat lamb recipes from America's favorite restaurants. Cook them in your own kitchen.  You will be thrilled with your results. Click image below

No comments: