About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Recipe from Arizona Cardinal Territory for Playoff or Super Bowl

In honor of the Playoff game between the Cardinals and the Saints, I went to the South Tempe (Arizona) recipe exchange to see what would be good to eat during the game.   I was drawn to this Potato Bacon Casserole.  It looks delicious and is simple and easy home cooking.
Tender hash browns and succulent bacon pieces are at the heart of this hearty potato dish. A crowd-pleaser at brunch or any meal.

Preparation Time - 10 minutes.
Cooking Time - 60 minutes.

* 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) * CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt

PREHEAT oven to 350� F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.

LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Yields 6 servings

Get great copycat recipes here cloned from restaurants like Olive Garden, PF Chang's, Red Lobster and Cheesecake Factory.  Make them at home at a fraction of the cost to take your family out.

No comments: