About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New York Jets-New Jersey- Based Spicy Corn Bread Recipe


Cook like a top chef in one of America's favorite restaurants. Look here to find out how.

Since the New York Jets practice in Florham Park, NJ and will soon play in the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ, I decided to pay homage to the Garden State and looked up some New Jersey Recipes. I found this Spicy Corn Bread Recipe by Christine Todd Whitman, Former Governor of New Jersey.  Imagine this tasty bread with chili or the Bacon-Potato Casserole

Spicy Corn Bread


Ingredients
    1 cup flour
    1 cup corn meal
    1 egg
    4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
    1/2 stick margarine
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
    1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together dry ingredients. Top in corn and red pepper. Add egg and milk and stir by hand till just combined. Melt margarine in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or cake pan in the hot oven. Pour the melted margarine into the batter and stir in. Immediately pour into the hot skillet and bake for 25 minutes.

This recipe is courtesy of 1st Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook.
 

Get exciting seafood recipes copied from top restaurants. For example: Fried Soft Shell Crab from Red Lobster or Harvest Bay Mahi Mahi from Joe's Crab Shack.   You can enjoy these recipes even if you don't have one of these restaurants near you.  Just click book image for details

No comments: