About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Copycat Super Bowl Secret Restaurant Dip for Your Guests

Some of my best recipes for the big game come from America's Secret Recipe.  Save money in 2010 and impress your friends by making your favorite restaurant dishes at home. Get the secret recipe cookbooks shipped to you today - go here:

Here is a copycat recipe that comes from the secret recipe blog.  It originates from the Melting Pot restaurant.  It's a Super Bowl Secret Restaurant Dip that us something different than the regular onion dip.  It goes great with raw veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, or zucchini.  Or try it with cruncy bagel or pita chips for a change of pace.

8 ounces cream cheese, sliced
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely sliced chives

In a microwave-safe container, microwave cream cheese and milk for 2 to 4 minutes, whisking after each minute, until cream cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Stir in sour cream, onion, parsley and chives. Refrigerate until cold.

Watch your guests devour this delicious and unique Super Bowl Secret Restaurant Dip.

No comments: