About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simple Super Bowl Potato Salad

Since my computer went down a couple of days ago and I promised 30 recipes in 30 days, I am adding another today.

Sometimes I just want simple tastes, like this "Super Bowl" inspired potato salad.  The other foods you serve will probably have lots of seasonings, so this potato salad will not compete with them.  It has only 4 ingredients and is easy to make. I used Idaho potatoes for this recipe, however, I have used red or white potatoes.  I also leave the skins on.  It's up to your preference.


Potato Salad

1 lb potatoes, well-scrubbed
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 Tbs minced onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Cut potatoes in cubes and place in saucepan with cold water to cover.  Add 1 teaspoon garlic salt ti water.  Cook on high till water is boiling; about 8 minutes.  Lower heat and simmer until done; about 7 more minutes.    Drain and cool.  Mix potatoes, minced onion, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. 
Duplicate some of your favorite recipes from the most popular and best American restaurants in the country.  Click the image to get volumes 1 and 2 of America's Secret Recipes at a great price.

No comments: