About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 3. Super Bowl Copycat Cheese Biscuits- Red Lobster

Red Lobster recipes are some of the most popular favorites of customers featured prominently in America's Secret Recipes.

Try these out on your Super Bowl guests and you will get comments like, "WOW, I Can't Believe You Made This Yourself!" Serve them with Tex Mex Turkey Stew from America's Secret Recipes. You won't be able to stop the requests for your cooking, believe me.

Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits

2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Parsley flakes, for sprinkling

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Stir together the biscuit mix, cheddar, and milk until a soft dough forms. Beat with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
3. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet. Smooth down the tops to prevent hard points from forming.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the tops are brown.
5. While the biscuits are baking, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the garlic powder.
6. Once the biscuits are done, brush the butter on tops, sprinkle with parsley flakes, and serve hot.

Makes 10 biscuits

Click the book cover and get your own recipes.

No comments: