About Me

My photo
I grew up in Annapolis, the capital of MD, on the Chesapeake Bay and the Severn River where we always had fresh fish and seafood. I love all things food: cooking, eating, trying new recipes and sharing what I make with family and friends. I must say that my most favorite (I have many favorites) food is fish and mostly catfish. So, I'm always seeking catfish recipes frolm all olver. I like my cooking, my daughter, Wendy's, cooking and my son, Dan's dishes, as well. I'm not a food snob; in other words, I also enjoy OPC, (Other People's Cooking) also. I've got loads of interests: cats and dogs, taking photos, Giant pandas, chandeliers and the arts. I am a former teacher, personal chef and recovering lawyer turned information marketer. I love (watching) football, basketball, extreme sports like mountain/rock climbing, snowboarding, skiing and surfing. My own extreme sports are swimming, walking and talking. Not necessarily at the same time.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Easy Super Bowl Pizza Day 7 Copycat

GET YOUR OWN COPYCAT RESTAURANT RECIPES
Copycat Panera Bread French Bread Margherita Pizza

- 1 Loaf of French Bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce (or 1/2 cup of your own favorite tomato sauce)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade, lightly packed (chiffonade = cut into thin strips)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 16 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preheat, the oven to 475 degrees F.

Lightly toast the bread for about 5 minutes.  Spoon the tomato sauce over the bread.  Top with the basil, then tomato slices, then the cheese.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes to brown the tops.  I likw anchovies on mine.  hen it wouldn't be the Panera copycast..

Get your 2 Volume set of America's Secret Recipes.  Save your food budget and get great reviews like a restaurant chef.  Click below..

No comments: